Shop for a More Convenient, Ethical Way to Deliver Vital Medication to Research Animals
ClearH2O is passionate in its commitment to the animal research community in developing and supplying only the best products that advance the ethical treatment and humane use and care of laboratory animals. Medicating research animals—while critical to investigate research and facilitating animal recovery—has traditionally been labor-inefficient and in some cases, counterintuitive to animal welfare objectives. For example, delivering analgesics via injection is a common pain management practice; however, qualified staff are required to administer injections, and the handling and restraint needed for administering the injection process can produce cause further pain and stress to the lab animals, potentially jeopardizing both the recovery and the accuracy of research outcomes.
ClearH2O’s MediGel® and MediDrop® products when used by veterinarians in combination with the medication of their choice offer a convenient, more efficient way to treat animals pre- and post-operatively, reducing animal stress and labor, thereby improving IACUC compliance.
MediDrop® is a fluid gel that is made of purified ingredients and formulated for homogeneous suspension of added approved veterinary medications for uniform dosage delivery. Resource efficiency is increased and animal stress and handling is reduced with the elimination of injections and the need to change or shake water bottles. ClearH2O’s products for research animals are produced under the highest quality standards in the industry.
– Educational Resources
To learn more about how those products are used for medication delivery and review studies, you have many complimentary options:
- Read our Medication Delivery BLOG POSTS SERIES
- Watch our WEBINAR RECORDINGS:
– Stress Free Medication Delivery Alternatives
– Therapeutic and Experimental Substances Administration in Rodents:
the Success of Oral Delivery
- Browse our scientific resources: Posters, Technical Bulletins, Published articles
– Instructional Resources
Discover how to mix our medication delivery gels with target medication to treat your recovering research animals.
- Medication Delivery Product Line
- Mixing Instructions for CPF or MLX in MediGel® Sucralose [PDF]
- Mixing Instructions for TMS in MediDrop® Sucralose [PDF]
- Mixing Instructions for FBZ in MediDrop® Sucralose [PDF]
- Mixing Instructions Tutorial – Single cup [VIDEO]
- Mixing Instructions Tutorial – Multiple cups [VIDEO]
For a comparison of nutritional profiles of our gels, check out our Nutritional Graph Sheet. Shop for animal research medication delivery products or request your sample today.