Overcoming Lab Animal Husbandry Challenges at AALAS 2020
Each fall, the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) holds its annual National Meeting, the largest gathering in the world of professionals concerned with the production, care, and use of laboratory animals. For 5 days, researchers, veterinarians, technicians, exhibitors and many more from the academic community, research institutions, government organizations, and commercial companies come together to enjoy lectures, posters, seminars, platform sessions and exhibits. This year, because of the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, the meeting will be 100% virtual, starting on October 25th, 2020 and online until the end of the year. The program includes 4 categories:
- Animal Welfare, Regulatory Compliance and Public Education
- Biomedical Research, Medicine and Methodology
- Facility Design, Management and Operation
- Overcoming Challenges
Join the ClearH2O Community
ClearH2O will be exhibiting via a virtual booth this year. You will find there everything you would at in-person exhibit: product literature, studies, new product information, sample requests, and knowledgeable staff to answer your questions. Keep yourself up to date on all the latest insights from ClearH2O by joining its communities :
Follow us on LinkedIn
Subscribe to our blog
After joining our virtual booth, you will be automatically entered into our raffle to win a $200 value Maine Gift Basket filled with specialty treats! the winner will be drawn on Thursday, December 31st, 2020!
Gel Supplements for All Lab Animals
At the booth, you will find a variety of scientific data and studies on our products, including reviews and testimonials to posters and technical bulletins. What animals are you working with? ClearH2O has products to support all species!
- Rodents: ClearH2O’s has nine nutritional supplement formulations (including HydroGel®, LabGel® and DietGel® product line) to meet the full spectrum of lab animal dietary needs, including basic hydration and nutrition during shipment, post-surgical recovery, support for adapting animals weaned to a new cage, emergency backup water supply, overcoming severe weight loss or providing a soft diet for rodents that are unable to chew a regular hard pellet – we have a gel for each situation.
In particular, DietGel® Prenatal has been shown to increase litter size and pup survival, and decrease cannibalism, making it an essential addition to your breeding program to improve breeding performance. Browse through our medication delivery product line, including our new MediGel® Hazelnut, for stress free delivery of antibiotics, analgesics, antiparasitics, and other therapeutic compounds!
- Herbivores: With our ready to use DietGel® Criticare made with Timothy Hay and pineapple juice, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas and other herbivores get great nutritional supplementation too! Combining hydration and nutrition, DietGel® Criticare supports the needs of herbivores during shipment, reduces inapettance, and supports post-surgical recovery.
- Primates: Offering a variety of hydration sources, nutritional supplementation and enrichment are key for primates in captivity, as they need a stimulating, varied environment that reflects aspects of their natural habitat. ClearH2O offers banana flavored LabGel®, FiberBites® and VitaBites® for all primates and DietGel® Marmoset provides high levels of Vitamin D to help support strong bone health.
Watch our webinar recording from 11/5/2020
“Nutritional Support for Primates”
- Zebrafish: COMING SOON – AquaGel® Z – the first gel diet specifically formulated for Zebrafish!! Expected in early 2021, AquaGel® Z is made with high grade purified ingredients meeting the nutrient requirements identified by researchers as essential to zebrafish.
Learn more about AquaGel® Z here
Science at Your Fingertips
- Technical Trade Presentation: A 15 minute informal talk, where you will learn how to improve the breeding performance of your colonies. We will share tips and information about our amazing breeder nutritional support gel supplement, DietGel® Prenatal. Proven to improve breeding performance by increasing litter size and pup survival, it is your best ally for ramping your colonies back up after the COVID hit.
Learn more about this presentation in our blog post
- Technician Fun Fair: A scavenger hunt for answers to questions and the opportunity to win numerous prizes! Come expand your animal care knowledge on our products and visit us to get the answers to our questions!
- Posters & Seminars: Make sure to have a look at those presentations below, showing data on ClearH2O products.
Discover Posters 9 and 51 and learn new methods for medication delivery
- Session Sponsorship : ClearH2O will be sponsoring the 3 sessions below:
Platform Session – Resident Laboratory Investigation 2 : PS52 “Optimizing Food Accessibility During Zebrafish Rearing Improved Growth, Survival and Breeding Performance” TA Collins
Seminar – Facility Design, management and operations : “Overcoming Interruptions to Daily Operations in a Large Vivarium” lead by Andrew Pesek
Seminar – Overcoming Challenges: “Overcoming Challenges of Pain management in Rodents” lead by Mark Suckow
Try all ClearH2O products first hand by requesting a sample.
To learn more about ClearH2O’s involvement in AALAS 71st National Meeting, refer to our AALAS 2020 article series:
Overcoming Lab Animal Husbandry Challenges at AALAS 2020
AALAS 2020 Technical Trade Presentation Preview : Breeding Support
Come Discover ClearH2O’s New Gel Diet Specifically Formulated for Zebrafish at AALAS 2020
AALAS 2020 Aftermath: Laboratory Animal Science on the Forefront
The Ethical Obligation of Lab Animal Pain Management at AALAS 2020